Throwback Friday: Mac Cosmetics, Disney's Venomous Villians

12 comments




2010, the year I got my first Mac lipstick. It was my 19th birthday and a package arrived at my front door from my best friend. Inside was Mac packaging and inside that packaging was the most perfect present I think I've ever received. 


Mac brought out Disney's Venomous Villians collection a few months before my birthday. I'd seen photos all over 
the internet and it was all I'd ever wanted in a makeup collection but being Mac it was too expensive for me, that's why I was so unbelievabley happy when it suddenly appeared unexpectedly at my front door. I even still have the lipstick now, although it's used pretty much all the way down, it's honestly my favourite lipstick. Although the collection came out in 2010, it's still my favourite of all time. After doing a lot of searching I've found it's still available online, and at quite cheap prices. Ebay obviously is the go to for this. So you should definitely check it out. 




For this line Mac took inspiration from Disney's best villians - Maleficent and Cruella De Ville where the main inspiration but it also saw appearances from the Evil Queen and Dr. Facilier. The line used a lot of dark reds and purples for the lipsticks, nail polishes and eye-shadows with face powders and foundation being very pale (much like the Disney Villians themselves). It was a gorgeous line and I haven't seen one from Mac that I've ever liked so much. All I wish is that they would bring out a Disney Princess line - because we all want to be princesses really. 

I've now got myself all excited about this line so I'm going to do some online shopping to see if I can find a bargain! I urge you all to do the same!

Does anybody remember this line? What did you think?




Images © MAC - Venomous Villains, 2010
SHARE: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr Pin This
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

12 comments:

  1. I do wish the relaunch the line someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This collection looks so cool, I don't always like the Mac limited edition stuff but love the look of this! x

    www.beautiful-solutions.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this collection, I bought every single item from the Cruella de Vil collection. The lipsticks were my favorite. I haven't used it in awhile...might have to bring it back out and use it now. :)
    Thanks for sharing. Also, you should enter the giveaway I'm doing on my blog!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This collections is so gorgeous and vampy - I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love mac products. Will be eagerly waiting for more.

    My Blog :- Nature Health Secrets

    And will love to hear from you. Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! The packaging really is gorgeous love this :) Hope you had a great weekend xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got the purple eyeshadow, but it reallly doesn't suit me :(! I think it's definitely more for brunettes, but I do adore the packaging!xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!
    http://josefnis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. this collection looks gorgeous! we love the fun concept behind it

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Disney, love Mac! I will have to go and check this out. Great review,

    Emily x

    www.beleza-byems.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read every single message I get! x

BLOGSPOT & BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig